Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Right now my other host sister Margaux is visiting from Lyon where she goes to school (she's 20). Apparently while she is here she needs to have 2 nights of "dinners" where she invites her friends over to eat and talk. The first one was last night; fortunately it was Jack's birthday so we hung out at his house and I didn't get home until midnight so I missed all of it. But this night I had no plans, and was tired and wanted to rest anyway, so I've been home for all of it, and people have just been arriving and talking and everything while I just sit in my room with the door shut because I'm not really invited nor do I want to join it. WOW THIS IS AWKWARD. I kind of wish my room wasn't off the main hallway, almost across from the living room so I can more or less hear all of it, and was in the back of the house like my host brother and sister's rooms. But, you know, whatever...

Jack's birthday was fun, though, if not a little strange. His parents have been in town for a week or so, and this was their last night, so they were there too, and Jack's host dad and his girlfriend as well. So its just all of us kids, great food (chicken breast, QUICHE, cheese, etc!), and 4 adults. hmmm. So that was interesting. But his host dad brought out some amazing chilled champagne and a brownie cake! The champagne was really good, and you know, it is so expensive, it was amazing how he'd done that for Jack!

I do hope I'm not actually getting sick. Throat's a tiny bit sore, but I'm trying to keep up a positive mental outlook, because that actually does ward off sickness. I'm very unhappy that the weather while my mom's here is projected to be rain, like, every day. No!! We want to do things! Go away, stupid weather! What's worse, I thought by April everything would be springlike and warming up, but apparently the cold weather can last until then! It might not even become really nice until when we LEAVE! What is this?! I am so, so, so sick of the cold, I can't even stand it anymore!! It is truly driving me insane. wahhhh

No comments: